• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[Request] Hide IP of Certain Usergroup

taylor_smith

Greetings! I am writing to request a mod that will hide the IP address of certain usergroups.

We partner with a major gaming publisher. Some of their employees have both official and user accounts. As a criteria for our partnership, we are required to mask the IPs of official account from moderators and administrators.

I know that a mod exists to hide the IPs of super administrators. Can this be extended easily to other groups?

Thank you for considering.

We don't want moderators or administrators to be able to see the IPs of this usergroup, so I suppose "hiding" is the most important aspect.

Define hiding, not visible to the specified user groups in question or completely removed from the database?

Only a couple of us have DB access, so I don't mind if the db entries exist, as long as our mods/forum admins can't link the users' professional accounts to their recreational accounts.

I think our current method is just a template edit to remove the "check IP" button. We don't allow mods to run IP searches, and unless an admin knows precisely what IP to check, the identity is sufficiently hidden to satisfy the publisher's requirements.

Perhaps. There is no modCP. As long as user IPs can't be viewed in their profile, I suppose that's sufficient. :)

Can this option be made into a modification of some type? I'm not technical enough to trust myself to make template edits, unless I have very clear instruction from an expert.

Top Bottom