• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[REQ]Change thread author and date

I'd like to be able to
1) change post author and time ;
2) post from the name of another user.

One of my moderators has just physically removed the whole thread. Unintentionally. I have restored it from backup at my local host and now I should transfer it to site. I will not stop forum, merge databases and so on - this way is complicated and will bring errors. Instead, I can post about ten posts from the names of other users and then correct the dates.

The question is: how can I do this?

Concerning change of the author of a thread I had questions:

1. Whether besides change of the author of a thread it is necessary to change and its posts in this thread?
  2. What date should be: any or with something it is connected?
  3. To whom will get likes and in general what to do with statistics?

Can be still eat nuances which I have passed.

Yet there will be no unambiguous answers on it it does not make sense to do something in general. On idea change of the author of a thread is literally one inquiry to the table with threads and one inquiry to the table of posts. But here consequences of such change are not defined. As I understand, for this reason till now there is no plug-in. After all it to write not too difficult.

And, by the way, if suddenly there will be a history of messages through it it would be more successful to change something as in that case change of the author could be provided in this history. Accordingly, there would be variants on change without statistics infringement. The more I think about it, the less I understand, how it to make correctly. And speech not about technical realisation, first of all, and about organizational problems.

Is and still such "trifle", as quotes. In a quote bb-code specify on nickname, besides post number. That it to change, it is required to walk under all table of posts. For a large forum this operation will be very long.

Simple replacement of the user can be made through phpmyadmin approximately so.

Come into the table 'xf_thread' and change there 'user_id' and 'username' to the necessary. Post number is stored in the same table in the field 'first_post_id', remember it.
In the table 'xf_post' find the necessary post ('first_post_id' from the table 'xf_thread') and change 'user_id' and 'username'.

In both tables the field 'post_date' is time in a format unix. The help in transfer of usual time in a format unix and back - http://www.onlineconversion.com/unix_time.htm

After that it is necessary to update statistics of users. Make it through the xenForo's ACP.

Certainly, it is very rough change of the user but if it is necessary do. Quotes thus remains untouched. Likes the given post will get to the new user. Use it at own risk (a backup copy of a database to make better).

Actually this already exists and I made it:

Change Post date and author:
inlinemodPosts.webp

Change thread date and author:
inlinemodThreads.webp

Permissions:
permissions.webp

Inline controls:
privateControls.webp

Popup controls:
threadtools.webp

But I made this as request for XenFans (Floris) and I have to talk to him and see if he agree to release this again.

While Fuhrmann was on the xenfans team he made it on behalf of xenfans.
My resources that have been made public are on the xenfans site.
The ones that were private, are still private. If any of them will be shared to the public one way or the other, is very uncertain.

I've had time today to work on the release and publish an update of the 'thread timestamp' plugin, now released as 'thread tools' for version 1.1.2 of XenForo;

http://xenfans.com/threads/thread-tools.1593/

It has 1 known issue though when changing the author of the thread, but perhaps someone with more time could look into the error. Changing author of (not the first) posts works just fine.

Sylwester (and others), if you don't have an account on xenfans let me know, I can give it to you manually (though depending on my time).

Top Bottom