Reputation system for Xenforo?

Snappy Phoenix

I posted a suggestion at my favorite message board called NBR Forums to add a reputation system similar to the one in vBulletin where I have showed them some examples taken from a vBulletin forum but one of their moderators replied...

Currently our reputation plugin isn't in a good situation. What we're using is expensive to support. We're interested in alternative rep systems, if you have ideas.

Charles

Can you please suggest me a way/alternative to forward it to them?

this is the original thread for you to see the kinds of examples I suggested: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/suggestion.792838/

I had a very advanced reputation system developed. Its not publicly for sale as I have no intention to support a crowd of admins. But I do share with a few people.
Alternatively, there is the post ratings addon: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/post-ratings-taking-likes-to-the-next-level.410/
Thank you for your reply. Do you have images/examples of it so I can forward it to their admin?

Also, when you say you don't have an intention of support for many admins, do you mean you won't support it period if there are future upgrades to the forum or is what you meant that you don't want it to go public on sale so you won't have to deal with multiple headaches but would support a few sites if you decided to sell it to them?

I had this addon created for my big board and will need to keep the software compatible with the latest branch of XF 1.x simply because I need it to run fine. I am not a developer, but hire developers to expand the addon when needed.
There are 3 reasons I don't publicly provide my addons:
  • I don't want to deal with the headache that comes with support to the masses. I rather share with people who I know will respect, be fair and can administer a large addon without problems.
  • The price for my addons varies upon the costs of ongoing development and the number of licenses sold. If more people buy it, I lower the price. Because my main interest is to recoup my investment. New development costs increase the price. The resource manager is not suited for such price fluctuations. Nor do I think the XF community would be receptive to such.
  • My addons are created because I need them for my big board. Not for commercial motive.
So I rather keep my addons private and just share with a few. This keeps life simple. :)

Do you have images/examples of it so I can forward it to their admin?
These screenshots are from before I rewrote all phrases, so ignore the bad English in it. Thats all fixed. The red lines highlight new features.

9140898.webp
9140904.webp
9140909.webp
9140914.webp
9140918.webp
Reputation test thread - The Group Fund Project 2015-12-27 01-53-05.webp

Features:
  • Activate per forum node
  • Rate posts with points and/or stars
  • Choose how many points or stars to give/take
  • Require comments (optional)
  • Minimum comment length (optional)
  • Use preset Rating Comments (optional)
  • Anonymous reputation features (permission based)
  • Reputation moderation (optional)
  • Moderators can edit, approve or delete ratings from moderation
  • Alerts for ratings & reports
  • Show ratings (value, membername, comments) below post. (permission based)
  • Star rating reputation display in postbit. (permission based)
  • See who rated (permission based)
  • Edit, delete or report rating from post. (permission based)
  • Total points in postbit
  • Integrated with XenForo Report Center
  • Delete rating (send alert that the reported rating has been deleted)
  • Deny report with optional Alert
  • Show reputation list on profile. (permission based)
  • Link from profile reputation list to the post
  • Permission: can see others reputation tab on profiles
  • Top Members sidebar block
  • Reputation listing on Member page
  • Give points for various activities like registration, birthday, account upgrades, avatar upload, likes.
  • Reputation statistics page with top posts, worst posts, top members.
  • Crowd Moderation: automatically moderate a users post when too much negative reputation is received. (Optional)
  • Trophies
  • Overview of given reputation
  • Best/ Worst post filter
  • AdminCP: Reputation search / log with filters, edit, delete
  • AdminCP: Rebuild & Recount Ratings.
  • Moderator actions in moderator log.
  • Import Reputation from vbulletin 3.8/4.2
  • Permission: Daily rating limit
  • Permission: Reputation spread. User needs to rate X number of other members first
  • Permission: edit ratings
  • Permission: retract ratings within set time
  • Permission: maximum reputation points to give/take
  • Permission: can give negative ratings
  • Permission: can see others ratings
  • Runs on xf 1.5.8
  • Probably a lot more that I am forgetting.

Top Bottom