XF 2.1 reproducible 'replay to thread / multi-quote' error in chrome on MacOS and Windows 10

MacOS mojave (10.14.6) and windows 10:

1. launch chrome
2. log in
3. go to any thread and select some text... choose 'reply to thread' from mouse over tool tip... chrome's green left-to-right process bar will cycle endlessly, but nothing will happen
4. select some different text and this time choose '+quote' from mouse over tool tip options. selected text WILL get added to the multi-quote clipboard and be insertable into the new reply
5. now that you've inserted at least one +quote, the mouse over 'reply to thread' tool tip magically begins to work.

chris -

thank you for responding, and your patience! 8-)

i created an admin demo site, enabled multi-quote and was NOT able to reproduce.

however i did notice some differences in what i was seeing:

in the admin demo site... before enabling multi-quote... i got this... i.e., just a 'reply' option:
Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 5.27.52 PM.webp

once i enabled multi-quote, i got '+quote | reply':
Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 5.29.42 PM.webp

but on our board i get '+quote | reply to thread':
Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 5.30.31 PM.webp

does that mean our developers (themehouse) have customized a template or functionality? that we have an add-on installed?

We don’t have multi quote enabled by default. You’d be able to do that on the demo in the Admin control panel.

I’m not sure what the cause would be. It could be a template or a conflicting JavaScript file, add-on or some other modification that’s been made. Hopefully you track it down.

is there a thread on how to track down bugs like this? or is it just 'start by disabling all add-ons and re-enable them one-by-one'?

i will let our developers know... maybe they will have an idea as to what might be accounting for the issue.

by the way... i reported is reproducible, which it is... just not on the admin demo! 8-)

thx again for your help.

b

Top Bottom