Duplicate Reports indicator is red when nothing new

Martok

This morning a user made a report and the report indicator was red as expected. Some moderators made comments and again the indicator was red. Each time I've read the comments and the Reports indicator was no longer red as expected. However, several times I've returned to the site today to find the Reports indicator is red but there are no new comments or any other changes in the reported item. There are also no other reported items.

Initially it was, firstly on my Windows 7 laptop and then moving to my Nexus 7. However, I've made several checks on the Nexus 7 (and not checking on another device) and I've seen this issue several times.

It typically happens to me when moving between devices (and back again).

I spoke with Mike about it a while ago but I can't remember if there was a bug report ever made.

Just to be clear, I only used the laptop earlier today, the rest of the time I've been checking on my Nexus 7 and seen the Reports indicator go red again on several return visits when there's been no new comments or reports.

It is session based. If you receive a new session (which in general, if you continually use the site you receive a single session), the report is considered new again. I believe this is as designed and a report was made before.

The ideal way will be save it in database, to see the same result in all devices.
It isn't just an issue between devices, this occurs on the same device too. Last night before bed I checked my forum using my Nexus 7 and looked at the Reports as the indicator was red, even though there were no new comments or reports. This morning when I checked my site again using the Nexus 7 (and I hadn't used another device since last night's check) the Reports indicator was red again despite there being no new reports or comments.

Thanks for the info.

Apologies for not spotting it was a duplicate - I did search both the current and resolved bug report forums before posting but didn't think to search the future fix bug reports!

Top Bottom