Duplicate Report a member?

Russ

Maybe I've missed this or we could just use a post to report but in this instance.

{Link removed - Peggy}

If I find that his sig and avatar are inappropriate am I able to report the user as a whole or just a post of his? Say a sig is to large... or the images contained use something I feel is wrong or violates the boards terms.

Maybe on the member profile page allowing a report feature from there? The idea behind this is that I'm not reporting his response but a feature of his profile.

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Use the report feature and be as detailed as you can in the report.

PS - I removed the link from your post so that nothing else gets started.
Plus the content that you were using for an example has been removed.

Ya I guess the suggestion idea was if I'm browsing say the members page and find something inappropriate such as a bad avatar. I then should go to the profile page, click postings, find a post he made and then report that. Again this isn't complaining but more of an idea or if everyone's content with just reporting a post. I have no problem but wanted to get feedback :)

I think we should be able to report each content type individually, that is a content type is something that can be filled up when a user submits content/

vB didnt have report user, so we made it a mod on vbfans - if xf doesnt have it natively, the modders will make it

Maybe I've missed this or we could just use a post to report...

You actually have an excellent point. Thinking specifically for my own forum for a moment...

You have your location and occupation filled in, and on our forum I am sure there will be custom fields added, and there is also the avatar, plus the signature - those things could be really bad/undesirable and possibly indexed by the search engines. All those things exist without creating any content to report. I see no way to report a member with out finding a moderator who is hopefully online and send then a PC with a link to that member.

Being able to hook into the report system would be nice as well; I have to add comment functionality to my site for one of the mods we're going to do, and being able to report them would be nice.

You actually have an excellent point. Thinking specifically for my own forum for a moment...

You have your location and occupation filled in, and on our forum I am sure there will be custom fields added, and there is also the avatar, plus the signature - those things could be really bad/undesirable and possibly indexed by the search engines. All those things exist without creating any content to report. I see no way to report a member with out finding a moderator who is hopefully online and send then a PC with a link to that member.

Yep, well the idea right now and as Peggy suggested is just go to their postings and report it from there being detailed. I for one don't think that's suitable for all forum boards. Reporting bad content should be easy such as it is currently on a post, and I feel it should be just as easy on the profile page.

Agreed. It's not necessarily posts that violate rules. Things like avatars, signatures, contact info should all have report icons so we can report it.

Yep, well the idea right now and as Peggy suggested is just go to their postings and report it from there being detailed.
But if they never made a post, status comment, or any other content, there would be no way to report it.

My initial reaction to this thread was 'go find a post' and click on report as well. We have 100s of people that are full members that have never made a post.

Obviously this is not a huge problem, but yes ideally having the report member could be a good thing. The downside will be people will be hitting the report button on users profile and type "this person said _________ in a thread and it should be removed", without providing a link to it.

Agreed. It's not necessarily posts that violate rules. Things like avatars, signatures, contact info should all have report icons so we can report it.

I'd say a general report feature on the profile itself would be good rather than one for each field(you probably implied one for all but just clarifying).

But if they never made a post, status comment, or any other content, there would be no way to report it.

My initial reaction to this thread was 'go find a post' and click on report as well. We have 100s of people that are full members that have never made a post.

Obviously this is not a huge problem, but yes ideally having the report member could be a good thing. The downside will be people will be hitting the report button on users profile and type "this person said _________ in a thread and it should be removed", without providing a link to it.

Definitely a downside and I could see users doing that. Could always add text above the report button stating what that particular report feature is for.

However, if this is the case, then they wouldn't need to be reported, would they?

Well you can still access a profile through many different channels, users online, members page, followers what not. This could be uncommon but still an issue, I've seen users before that fill in inappropriate content on there profile fields before with no posts.

True but he's talking about a member who's never made a comment, post or any other content. I can't see where that member would need reporting,
They haven't done anything to report.

Unless I'm missing something somewhere.

True but he's talking about a member who's never made a comment, post or any other content. I can't see where that member would need reporting,
They haven't done anything to report.
I instantly thought about spammer who may not do much of anything but who can have quite obscene home page urls for example.

Top Bottom