Browser issue Replying using Chrome in iOS 12.1 keyboard covers editor

lantek

Affected version
In iOS 12.1.3, and the latest version of Chrome on an iPad in landscape mode, the keyboard covers the editor and prevents you hitting reply without closing the keyboard. Screenshot attached. It does not affect Safari in the same version of iOS however.

The depth of the footer plays an important role in how much of an impact this is. The XF site has a fairly high footer which means this issue does not occur in portrait mode. If the footer is shorter, the issue occurs in both portrait and landscape.

Are there any other iOS users seeing this? I'm getting complaints from iPhone users who have updated to 12.1 that when the keyboard slides up that it is completely hiding the editor area.

I'm still seeing the same issue with Chrome in iOS12.1.4 on iPad. Will test on iPhone today.
Another of our members followed-up, the 12.1.4 update seems to have taken care of the smaller devices but the iPad is still having a problem.
Updated my iPad to 12.1.4 and Chrome is ok in portrait mode, but still not landscape. Safari is ok in both.

This is similar to a Chromium bug report from the iOS 10 days:
But notice it is marked as fixed.

Turns out that for some period of time, Chrome on iOS had reintroduced this bug.

I was able to reproduce the issue reported here and the issue reported in my previous bug report on my iPad but not on my iPhone. I don't believe this to be an iOS version issue.

But the only difference between my iPhone and iPad is that my iPhone was running Chrome 73 (beta version via TestFlight) and my iPad was running Chrome 72.

After updating my iPad to Chrome 73 the issue seems to be solved, so I think we'll call this a Browser Issue and just advise to upgrade to Chrome 73 once it is released.

@Kevin it may be worth checking with your user if my experience was the same as his - does he use Google Chrome through TestFlight on his iPhone?

@Kevin it may be worth checking with your user if my experience was the same as his - does he use Google Chrome through TestFlight on his iPhone?
I would tend to doubt it (the average age of the member base on that particular site is 60'ish) but I will follow-up with them and ask, thanks. :)

Top Bottom