FreshFroot

So this I think is a bit important to cut down on duplicate or un-needed extra posts.

I just realized you can use the reply button MORE than once. That is to say instead of clicking reply and replying and then wanting to reply to someone else's post in the same thread and doing it again.

You can technically hit reply on ALL the posts in the thread you want to reply too. And do it in a single post instead of making multiple posts.

Now I didn't know you could use the reply button several times in the thread. Mostly coming from vB you had a quick reply button and it allowed for one reply.

I've noticed MANY posts today in the same threads, where users are still doing what I did with multiple posts.

So I wonder if there is a way we can devise or alert users some how of how you can utilize the reply button for MULTIPLE posts.
Some how just creating an awareness of it without actually posting it in a thread about X feature.

Hope you get my drift, and I'm sure people have noticed this thread around the forums here too.

Oh you mean, the "multi-quote" button?

Yeah, I think I was more used to that.. that when I saw the reply button here. I assumed it was JUST a single quick reply.

I figured that anyone sufficiently advanced to want to quote multiple posts would simply try it and discover the function on their own.

Maybe, but there are members still not testing it out or have no idea about it. Heck, if it wasn't for Carlos stating I tripled posted. I don't think I would've noticed for a lot longer.

Anyways, it's just a suggestion, as I seen many others double or triple post too.

My Inner Opinions have said:
I really like the way it is without the other buttons being necessary as if you need to quote someone it goes to the quick editor and you can see it down bottom, this makes the individual post areas much cleaner and more defined, if it is not the actual content of the post itself but the framing device holding it, less is more. Please DO NOT CHANGE IT PLEASE

Maybe this should be a "have you seen" video or an explanatory post.

I, too have not heard of this 'feature' you guys speak of.

I'm used to vB, where I would have to use another window to go back and copy another post's quote and past it in my post in the first window.

Maybe this should be a "have you seen" video or an explanatory post. I, too have not heard of this 'feature' you guys speak of.
so I said:
Just click reply on every single post in this page and look at the editor.
I'm used to vB, where I would have to use another window to go back and copy another post's quote and past it in my post in the first window.
so I said:
I used to like working hard.

Top Bottom