Lack of interest Reply Via Email

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

tafreehm

Hello, Can we have an option where we can allow privileged usergroup to make a reply to a thread via notification email ?
A lot of non tech user do try to reply to those email notification forum sent. It would come in handy if their reply can get posted to actual thread. It may increase forum activity.
Also, it would be good to answer your personal conversation message via email. (if not reply to thread, at least)

Thanks

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello, Can we have an option where we can allow privileged usergroup to make a reply to a thread via notification email ?
A lot of non tech user do try to reply to those email notification forum sent. It would come in handy if their reply can get posted to actual thread. It may increase forum activity.
Also, it would be good to answer your personal conversation message via email. (if not reply to thread, at least)

Thanks

Definitely an addon.
The solutions for this are insecure and ugly and fraught with issues.

There was a vB addon for this request.

Digital Doctor, addon that you mentioned what it is
I have some problems with email:
1. fields in email content such as {user name}, {board}, {follow link} ... can't show information (see attached picture)
2. when I click {follow link}, it appears 404 NOT FOUND error

Attachments

• Picture1.webp
    Picture1.webp
    22 KB · Views: 9
Digital Doctor, addon that you mentioned what it is
I have some problems with email:
1. fields in email content such as {user name}, {board}, {follow link} ... can't show information (see attached picture)
2. when I click {follow link}, it appears 404 NOT FOUND error
I would bet you have your board URLs set up wrong in Admin CP > Options > Basic Board Information

Top Bottom