As designed Reply to Conversations when all participants have left

PASS

I left a conversation with another member and chose to ignore future response yet he was still able to add replies to the conversation. He later sent me a new conversation asking if I was ignoring him since I no longer receive repsonses from the other one.

Is that normal? I thought the ability to reply would be removed. This has happen more than once with other members I had conversations with. The conversations only had two participants, myself and another member.

That is the designed behaviour.

Other participants are not made aware that others have left the conversation.

That is the designed behaviour.

Other participants are not made aware that others have left the conversation.

OK, at least nothing is wrong on my end then. Maybe a new feature suggestion might in order then to remove the ability to reply when there are no more participants accepting future messages.
I had listed something for sale in our classifieds, a member replied to an old conversation about the item, saying he wanted to buy it, but I never got it (he didn't know that) and it was sold to someone else a bit later.

Maybe a new feature suggestion might in order then to remove the ability to reply when there are no more participants accepting future messages.
That would defeat the objective of participants being able to silently leave conversations.

That would defeat the objective of participants being able to silently leave conversations.

I guess I do not understand why leaving a conversation has to be silent then.
Doesn't make sense to let someone send replies when the other person will never get them. The conversation should be locked. Especially when there was only two participants to begin with and one leaves with no future responses.

There has to be a better way I'm saying. I got people who think I am ignoring them because they reply to an old convo thinking I am getting their messages.

Just tell them you're leaving the conversation so you won't get any further replies. Unless you don't want them to know that, in which case then it needs to be silent...

Alternatively leave the conversation without ignoring future messages.

Just tell them you're leaving the conversation so you won't get any further replies. Unless you don't want them to know that, in which case then it needs to be silent...

Alternatively leave the conversation without ignoring future messages.

Does the participants list on the right remove my name if I leave the convo?

That has already been addressed in this thread. No. Your name will always be visible in the participants list when you have left the conversation (with or without ignore).

Top Bottom