Fixed @-Replies: Auto Completion Pops Up After Selection

rellek

Hi,

using Chrome, I have a little cosmetic issue with the auto completion of @ replies.

If you for example enter

Code:
@brog
there's a popup list with names that could match. In this case, Brogan is the first hit (but not the only).

So if you confirm this with enter, @brog and continue typing, @Brogan the list will pop up again despite the fact that there isn't even another user starting with "Brogan" followed by a second word.

This seems not to happen if the match is the only one in the list - for example when you enter @xf_pha and confirm xf_phantom with enter, @xf_phantom nothing pops up.

Does it in FF 23 / Win 7 too ... (@'s removed so that Brogan doesn't get ping'd)

... and it's not just on the first line / entry point of the editor either - did it on this line.

@Clickfinity - doesn't do it with just one name in the selector, i.e. Clickf ... type the rest.

Confirmed. (y)

I think it's because apart from @Brogan there is also @Brogan&#00 <- the popup stays there giving you the option to even tag @Brogan&#00

But I think I understand you, after a @Username is "selected" by enter/click, the popup shouldn't appear. I guess that's the reports main issue right?

But I think I understand you, after a @Username is "selected" by enter/click, the popup shouldn't appear. I guess that's the reports main issue right?
Yeah, that's what I mean.

For some reason, this even happens when there's only one hit on the list. Try with @Alluidh. It's enough to enter @allu and you have the list with only one hit. Pressing enter to confirm that name closes the popup, completes the username, adds a space and re-opens the popup.

There were sort of two bugs here and I've fixed them both.

First, after inserting the name, it redid the search. This is what you were reporting in the first place and this is now sorted.

Secondly, when doing the prefix match for users, it stripped off trailing spaces. This actually meant that it was harder to get certain suggestions. And it also caused this to happen in all cases, though without the first fix as well, it would do a waste of a search or give you some suggestions in extremely raid cases.

Top Bottom