Replace Home with Icon

Replace Home with Icon 1.0.0

No permission to download

BassMan

BassMan submitted a new resource:

Replace Home with Icon - Replace Home in navigation and breadcrumbs with icon

Description:

This add-on replaces word Home in navigation bar (if you have home link) and breadcrumbs with Font Awesome icon.

I found this very useful specifically in breadcrumbs, because it shortens a little bit.

< before installation >
View attachment 74192

< after installation >

View attachment 74193

Modifies the code in the following template:
  • breadcrumbs
  • navigation
  • PAGE_CONTAINER
Requirements:
  • This...
Read more about this resource...

zagorskey

Yes, what I did was removing the home phrase and giving the span a class so it could show the icon. Apparently there must be some text inside the span.

zagorskey

So did I, my threads got indexed today, Google Authorship is being shown but the breadcrumbs are missing. I'd personally stay away from that modification.

zagorskey

The 2nd result is from Xenforo and breadcrumbs seem to be missing.
Clipboard01.png

I reverted back to the phrase and will wait for a couple of days to see if they come back. I'll make sure to give feedback here.

After I install the Extra Portal add on on my site this add on stopped working, I have uninstalled and then installed again with no success, can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong here? The theme I am using is Xenfactor. Thank you for your help in advance!!

BassMan

After I install the Extra Portal add on on my site this add on stopped working, I have uninstalled and then installed again with no success, can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong here? The theme I am using is Xenfactor. Thank you for your help in advance!!
It's hard to tell, because I don't use that template and add-on.

If you disable Extra Portal add-on does it work then?

BassMan

Then it's this add-on. You need to know what code this add-on change and adjust the Replace Home with Icon add-on. I guess it modifies the navigation template.