XF 2.2 Repeat email field when registering

rolo

I see many people misspell their own email when they register

1629979059891.webp

Is there any way to force users to repeat email in registration form?

(if fields 'email' and 'repeat email' are not equal then force to correct)

Thanks!

I doubt it is very useful to want to force users to repeat their email addresses.

Personally, I always do a copy / paste of the first field because I don't want to rewrite. Maybe I would regret it if I make a mistake, but it boggles my mind to repeat my email address knowing that we can change it after registration if we make a mistake.

Its always annoying to enter the mail twice, and most people copy and paste the address, or are using auto-fill tools,

I have none in my forum.

There's mileage in doing further email address validation, perhaps. We do some already. A common one is gamil.com instead of gmail.com.

But, honestly, this shouldn't be a big enough problem to warrant putting more barriers in the way for your users such as fields to verify email addresses. It wasn't that long ago that we removed the field to verify the user's password.

There are still ways that people can/will make the same mistake as noted above, such as by copy/pasting.

The key thing is particularly that the email address is displayed back to the user if you have email confirmation enabled - which you should, this is why that feature exists and is enabled by default. The user can change their email address and resend the confirmation if they make a mistake.

Top Bottom