Renew license but not for add-ons?

Renegade

I want to renew my xenforo and enhanced search license but not for RM and MG. How do I go about it? Sorry can't open support ticket with an expired license so asking here.

You can Contact Us for license / account related queries.

To answer your question, however, the only way to not renew RM and MG is for us to remove them from your license. This action is permanent and should you ever require them again, they would need to be repurchased at the full purchase price.

You can Contact Us for license / account related queries.

To answer your question, however, the only way to not renew RM and MG is for us to remove them from your license. This action is permanent and should you ever require them again, they would need to be repurchased at the full purchase price.

Could you explain why someone need to upgrade the license as a package? Because it seems non sense to me!

Add-ons are linked to the main license - they are not stand alone items.

Because they are useless without it.

You need to have an XF license in order to use the add-ons.

It also avoids the issue of having incompatible versions due to one license being renewed and not others.

Yes, that is right for the first time. But if i have a license with RM & MG and I want to upgrade the license only, why I need to upgrade them all??

I can continue using them without update. I could renew the main license only.
Not a good idea. What's going to happen is that you may have incompatibilities, bugs between versions and confusion. You will have active support, but you may have a buggy RM which was fixed in a newer version you don't have. It just creates more conflict and it's a logistical pain for XenForo too. That'll also mean encouraging outdated software.

License add-ons are add-ons, they are part of the license, so that explains why they're linked.

This kind of system is adopted by most software developers. We use something similar, also. Only difference is that if you want that old package back, you only pay the renewal fee for it.

Top Bottom