Rename deferred.php - impact

loplo

Is there any major impact if I rename deferred.php?
My hosting company is complaining about this file, they say it's consuming too much resources.
They don't give me any realtime resource monitoring, so I can't do any trial and error disabling and enabling xenforo resources.

If we imagined for a moment that renaming it wouldn't break anything (but it would, so don't), it would still consume the same amount of resources, and they'd still be complaining about the same resource usage.

Incidentally, if you run the following query on your database it will tell you what tasks are currently running. If you're able to do that at a time where they consider resource usage to be "too high" then it might reveal specifically what process is causing it.

Code:
SELECT deferred_id, unique_key, execute_class, trigger_date FROM xf_deferred

The only thing I can see is cron.
Can anyone confirm his process time, for deferred.php.

Mine looks like this:
Resource: Process Time
Exceeded: 160258 > 1800 (seconds)

Blimey.... something is very very wrong there. Nothing should take that long to run. I can rebuild all counters in my pretty hefty database in less time.

That's what I assumed too. My forum isn't that big, so there's somewhere something wrong.

You will need to run that query at a time where you believe it is using too many resources.

At the moment with only Cron being in the table, that shouldn't be causing it. Although I think we have seen some clean up tasks taking longer sometimes but only where there have been huge amounts of data.

Not having access to any kind of resource monitoring, I can't runt it at that exact time.
All the info I get is via email, from my hosting provider.

Now I got a 2hrs deadline to fix my the problem, or else my account will be suspended. The only thing I could do, it was renaming the file.

It looks like I need to reinstall XF, because I can't debug it.

Is there a tutorial how to backup forums, conversations, etc, clean xf install and restore forum content.
I have some cpanel backups, but I don't want to play around with those and risking my account to be suspended.

I have a huge list of installed addons:
"Stay Logged In" checked by default 1.1
Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.2.2
CTA Table BB Code 1.1.1
Custom Field Rules by Waindigo 1.0.0
Custom Fields by Waindigo 2.1.1
Custom Tabs 1.4.0
Digital Point Ad Positioning 1.3.0
Digital Point Social Bar 1.0.2
Extra Node Information by Waindigo 1.0.1
Feeder by Waindigo 1.0.1
First Post Edit Time Limit 1.0.0