XF 2.0 Rename Addon?

[xFv]

Hello!
Is there a way I can rename my addon without having to create a new one through cli?

The title of it? You can edit it in the addon.json file.
If I just renamed through json, would I still need to rename my namespace and vendor dir also?
Also, what if I need to rename namespace and vendor dir?

That's why I clarified if it's just the title of the add-on. If so, you just edit that in addon.json. This file doesn't store an add-on's ID.

If you want to change the ID, you need to be very careful and I wouldn't totally recommend it. You may be able to get away with uninstalling the add-on, renaming the directory and then reinstalling it. (If this is an add-on in use by people already though, this will likely cause some difficulties.)

That's why I clarified if it's just the title of the add-on. If so, you just edit that in addon.json. This file doesn't store an add-on's ID.

If you want to change the ID, you need to be very careful and I wouldn't totally recommend it. You may be able to get away with uninstalling the add-on, renaming the directory and then reinstalling it. (If this is an add-on in use by people already though, this will likely cause some difficulties.)
Makes total sense now Mike. Thanks for clarifying.

Top Bottom