XF 1.5 Removing the Members tab

Redh

Hello,

I am trying to remove the Members tab, as I think this functionality should be part of the Forums tab and not a separate website section. I have removed the tab itself thanks to a quick CSS code in the EXTRA.css (courtesy of @Russ from pixelexit.com), however this means that when you are on a page where the Members tab would have been selected, no tab is selected which looks strange in my design. What I feel should happen is the Forums tab should remain selected, as the Members, to me at least, is part of the Forums.

Now I have found the following files in the XENFORO_DIR/library/XenForo/Route/Prefix directory which if edited from 'members' to 'forums' will highlight the Forums tab within member actions:

Code:
Members.php:
return $router->getRouteMatch('XenForo_ControllerPublic_Member', $action, 'members');

Online.php:
return $router->getRouteMatch('XenForo_ControllerPublic_Online', $action, 'members');

ProfilePosts.php:
return $router->getRouteMatch('XenForo_ControllerPublic_ProfilePost', $action, 'members');

RecentActivity.php:
return $router->getRouteMatch('XenForo_ControllerPublic_RecentActivity', 'index', 'members');

SpamCleaner.php:
return $router->getRouteMatch('XenForo_ControllerPublic_SpamCleaner', $action, 'members');

Warnings.php:
return $router->getRouteMatch('XenForo_ControllerPublic_Warning', $action, 'members');

This takes care of the Who's Online, profile pages, etc. However I would prefer to do this without a code edit if possible, for ease of upgrade reasons. Is there a template or other edit I can make to automate this without a PHP edit?

Also, the Search functionality by default does not highlight any tab, which is strange. Again this should keep the Forums tab highlighted.

Xenforo doesn't seem to realise that some websites are more than just a forum page, and the forum is just a part of their website. It's very frustrating - the forums should, in my opinion, act as a self-contained part of the site.

Any help or guidance would be very much appreciated :)

Top Bottom