1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Removing Text In The Navigation Bar?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by UKD, Nov 12, 2013.

1. UKD

UKD Active Member

I would like to remove things like "Mark Forums Read" and "Watched Forums" however I can't quite remember what to remove from the code and I can't find the information anywhere :(.

I know you edit Navigation.css and these are the lines I want:

Code:
    <xen:hook name="navigation_tabs_forums">
                            <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}"><li><a href="{xen:link 'forums/-/mark-read', $forum, 'date={$serverTime}'}" class="OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase mark_forums_read}</a></li></xen:if>
                            <xen:if is="{$canSearch}"><li><a href="{xen:link search, '', 'type=post'}">{xen:phrase search_forums}</a></li></xen:if>
                            <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">
                                <li><a href="{xen:link 'watched/forums'}">{xen:phrase watched_forums}</a></li>
                                <li><a href="{xen:link 'watched/threads'}">{xen:phrase watched_threads}</a></li>
                            </xen:if>
                            <li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/posts'}" rel="nofollow">{xen:if $visitor.user_id, {xen:phrase new_posts}, {xen:phrase recent_posts}}</a></li>
                        </xen:hook>

I tried removing this entire line but I received an error:
    Code:
    <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}"><li><a href="{xen:link 'forums/-/mark-read', $forum, 'date={$serverTime}'}" class="OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase mark_forums_read}</a></li></xen:if>
    Do I only need to remove a part of it?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Comment out everything including and between the <li>....</li> for each link you want to remove.

If any of them are wrapped in <xen:if...>...</xen:if> you can comment those out too.

Use xen:comment to comment code out.

UKD likes this.
  3. UKD

UKD Active Member

Brilliant, I used <xen:comment> and it worked perfectly :D. Thanks.