1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Removing Style Chooser

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Mythcartoonist, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Mythcartoonist

Mythcartoonist New Member

Hello, I'd like to remove the style chooser from my forum but I can't seem to be able to. I know you can remove it by only having one style, but I have a parent and child style and people can choose the parent style. Obviously the child style is the style with all the customizations so it doesn't make sense to let users be able to choose either one. Any help is appreciated.

2. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

Just to note, admins can always choose styles even if they are hidden in the ACP. Uncheck the styles you don't want users to have access to.

upload_2015-2-22_1-15-55.png

3. Mythcartoonist

"It is not possible to prevent users from selecting the default style."

4. Steve F

So your wanting everyone to use the child style only? Uncheck all but the child, that will remove the style chooser for everyone but admins.

5. Mythcartoonist

I just have the parent and the child, and the child is the only one that can be checked/unchecked.

6. Steve F

That should be correct, if you log out or view using a user that is not an admin you should not be able to see the style chooser now.

7. Mythcartoonist

Alright, so it's just because I'm an admin. Thanks, sorry for the confusion.

Steve F likes this.