Removing Members and Help tabs from nav?

eod

Hello :)

I was wondering if someone could explain to me what the best way to remove the navigation links for members and help would be? Is there a way to do this in the admin area or is there a mod that makes this easier?

Thank you very much!

Because i hate template edits (because of missing automatic template edit merging on xf upgrades) i would suggest to use the event system for this.

edit:
see next post;)

Because i hate template edits (because of missing automatic template edit merging on xf upgrades) i would suggest to use the event system for this.

edit:
see next post;)
because I also hate template edits but don't particularly like executing PHP purely for removing tabs, I recommend adding this to EXTRA.css:

Code:
li.navTab.members, li.navTab.help{
display: none;
}

;)

edit:
see next post;)
because I also hate template edits but don't particularly like executing PHP purely for removing tabs, I recommend adding this to EXTRA.css:

Code:
}

;)

Thanks! You guys make this a great support forum.

Code:
}

;)

Elegant.
Is it possible to make this conditional on logged in members so they see it but not unreg/ not logged in
- I dont think I can put a conditional in EXTRA.css can I?

Elegant.
Is it possible to make this conditional on logged in members so they see it but not unreg/ not logged in
- I dont think I can put a conditional in EXTRA.css can I?
Create a new class called display or whatever, add the display: none and then make a template edit in the nav and only apply the class to unregistered.

Is there anyway to remove these from the nav bar while still keeping the list items? I will still be using the pages, just not on my top navigation bar.

View attachment 43150

View attachment 43151

The secondary links are bound to the selected tab. If the tab is removed then the secondary links will not be there.

Two options:

1) Hide the tab only when it's not selected:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/move-menu-items.20654/#post-263851

2) Use the NodesAsTabs addon to reassign those pages to a new tab or an existing tab:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/moving-links-into-a-drop-down.43195/#post-464963

I know this is an older thread, but just my two cents.. I use a Template Modification with the following:
template: navigation
search: <xen:if is="{$tabs.members}">
replace: <xen:if is="0 && {$tabs.members}">

Note that this uses the template modification feature, so you are _not_ actually modifying templates directly.

It should. Try using !important.

Code:
display: none !important;
}
Hi,
I have a custom navTab on my forum which I'm struggling to hide using the above CSS. In the Page source view, it appears like this:
Code:
<li class="navTab PopupClosed"><a href="study_buddy/" class="navLink">Study Buddy</a></li>

What CSS should I use to hide this link from my navigation bar?

Thanks for your help :)

Top Bottom