RM 1.1 Removing a custom field?

Floren

I need your advice on this issue I have with a specific custom field which contains large data. What will happen with the data contained into database, if I decide to remove a custom resource field?
The obvious answer will be: it will be dropped, but I want to make sure. Before I proceed with the deletion, please let me know what will happen related to database, if I click on the X next to field? I have A LOT of data into many resource entries, that's the reason I decided to remove that custom field. I'm concerned this might have an issue with performing the operation through browser.

A lot of the data will be dropped. There's still a cache value in the resource table that will have the data until the resource is edited.

Thanks @Mike. Do you recommend to go through each resource, empty the field, then once each resource is edited, I just drop the field globally? Either ways, from what you are saying, I have to edit each resource again in order to properly clear the cache.

I would probably just delete the field and be done with it (if you don't want the data). I don't know what "large data" is, but I would imagine it's really just on the magnitude of kilobytes which is nothing at the storage/MySQL level.

Top Bottom