XF 2.0 Removed an ad widget, yet ad is still displaying

CjTheFish

Greetings all,

Was wondering if anyone could help me with a pesky problem.

I run ads on my forum and a few months ago added a popunder to my forum. I don't use any ad management plugins, just the standard ads feature that's built into XF 2.0 (Setup --> Advertising)

A few days ago I deleted this ad widget in its entirety. Upon deletion, I received an error message but I did not save it or take a screenshot. I incorrectly assumed that since I had deleted the ad placement, it did not matter.

Well the advertisement widget is completely gone, its been deleted but my advertisement is still popping! The ad is still active!

I double checked my other ad placements to make sure the code did not exist anywhere else, and it in fact does not.

I'm sort of at a loss at what to do here. Is there anyway I can manually remove it via file manager or something?

Any advice would be appreciated.

1. Check to see if something is loading in PAGE_CONTAINER

2. try reinstalling the widget and this time pay attention to the error message and copy it here

Thanks for the response and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I don't see anything in Page_container, however I was able to get the error message to display again.

Here it is

Code:
ParseError: syntax error, unexpected 'Fn' (T_FN), expecting identifier (T_STRING) or '{' in src/XF/Template/Compiler.php at line 8
Composer\Autoload\includeFile() in src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php at line 322
Composer\Autoload\ClassLoader->loadClass()
spl_autoload_call() in src/XF/App.php at line 1291
XF\App->XF\{closure}() in src/XF/Container.php at line 28
XF\Container->offsetGet() in src/XF/App.php at line 2969
XF\App->templateCompiler() in src/XF/Entity/Template.php at line 180
XF\Entity\Template->validateTemplateText() in src/XF/Entity/Template.php at line 166
XF\Entity\Template->verifyTemplate() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 768
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_verifyValueCustom() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 613
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->set() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 548
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__set() in src/XF/Service/Advertising/Writer.php at line 86
XF\Service\Advertising\Writer->write() in src/XF/Repository/Advertising.php at line 70
XF\Repository\Advertising->writeAdsTemplate() in src/XF/Entity/Advertising.php at line 38
XF\Entity\Advertising->XF\Entity\{closure}() in src/XF.php at line 290
XF::triggerRunOnce() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 143
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2177
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Any ideas? Would really appreciate it.

That error is typically due to running PHP 7.4 with installed add-ons which aren't compatible with it.

You will need to downgrade PHP, or get updated versions of the add-ons.

That error is typically due to running PHP 7.4 with installed add-ons which aren't compatible with it.

You will need to downgrade PHP, or get updated versions of the add-ons.

Aha, well that would probably be it. I recently upgraded to 7.4. Thanks a bunch, will downgrade and test and update whatever addons are causing it. Thanks a million!

Update - that was it, dropped it down to 7.3 and the error messages and popunder stopped. Thanks to you both, I truly appreciate it!

Top Bottom