Lack of interest Remove Watched Thread Alerts After Reading

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Ryan

Ok, so I have my settings set to watch any thread I reply to, which is great. The little red alert pops up when somebody replies to a thread I'm watching.

Problem is - if I go read all the new posts in that thread, the alert stays up there. The only way to make the alert go away is for me to hover over the alert icon.

Would it be possible to automagically remove "watched thread" alerts by just reading the threads so that we don't have to go view the alert?

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Has anybody else suggested this?

Any opinions?

I still think that this would be an excellent addition...Anything to decrease the insane number of alerts I get while still being alerted of replies in threads I participate in = awesome.

Ok, so I have my settings set to watch any thread I reply to, which is great. The little red alert pops up when somebody replies to a thread I'm watching.

Problem is - if I go read all the new posts in that thread, the alert stays up there. The only way to make the alert go away is for me to hover over the alert icon.

Would it be possible to automagically remove "watched thread" alerts by just reading the threads so that we don't have to go view the alert?
I am almost certain both Kier & Mike thought this was a good idea. It may be on their todo list.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was...Seems like this functionality is almost a given...but I searched and couldn't find it.

I also started this thread 2 weeks ago and never got a response...

If people remove the Alerts for subscribed threads & quoted posts from their usercp options this is not an issue. At least I have those turned off and mainly navigate by reading subscribed threads, with Alerts only happening when PCs, Likes, profile messages, etc happen.

Every forum & forum member uses the software differently it seems.

If people remove the Alerts for subscribed threads & quoted posts from their usercp options this is not an issue. At least I have those turned off and mainly navigate by reading subscribed threads, with Alerts only happening when PCs, Likes, profile messages, etc happen.

Every forum & forum member uses the software differently it seems.
No matter what configuration we use, this suggestion still applies. If I get an alert that I'm quoted in thread, but I read the thread before I check the alert, the alert should be marked as read.

No matter what configuration we use, this suggestion still applies. If I get an alert that I'm quoted in thread, but I read the thread before I check the alert, the alert should be marked as read.
I and many others agree 100%. I simply wanted to point out that the problem is reduced depending on usercp options we now have, which we did not have a few days ago.

Dealing with the watch thread alert when reading is relatively easy as there are more straight forward conditions that mean that you probably have an alert pending. Dealing with quoting is much harder unless you just do it every time someone views a thread (that they've posted in, though we don't expose that info on thread view right now). I wouldn't expect to see quote alerts automatically read for technical reasons.

Top Bottom