Remove the text search from p-nav-opposite

Mr Lucky

A small thing and not so difficult to remove yourself with a template edit, but the word Search seems completely redundant and space wasting.

The other icons don't have an explanation, so why does search. The magnifying glass icon itself is probably the least cryptic and most widely understood con there is.

Upvote 2
A small thing and not so difficult to remove yourself with a template edit, but the word Search seems completely redundant and space wasting.

The other icons don't have an explanation, so why does search. The magnifying glass icon itself is probably the least cryptic and most widely understood con there is.
Fair point. I agree.

The username seems entirely pointless too.
Unless the user has the memory of a goldfish.

Any chance of pointing me in the right direction for how to remove both the search icon & the word 'Search'....perhaps also the username as well?

(Currently using [cXF] Search Widget instead)

Any chance of pointing me in the right direction for how to remove both the search icon & the word 'Search'....perhaps also the username as well?
Template = PAGE_CONTAINER

Remove search : <span class="p-navgroup-linkText">{{ phrase('search') }}</span>

Remove username <span class="p-navgroup-linkText">{$xf.visitor.username}</span> (This occurs twice, you need to remove the second, the first one is for rejected users )

Last edited:
The Inbox + alerts actually have the option to have text there if you fill in the phrases:

nav_inbox
nav_alerts

As for removing the search, not sure if XF will implement it but a quick extra.less will remove the text:

Code:
.p-navgroup-link--search .p-navgroup-linkText {
    display: none;
}

Same thing for the account:
Code:
.p-navgroup-link--user .p-navgroup-linkText {
}

Or just remove all of the text for account + search:

Code:
.p-nav-opposite .p-navgroup-linkText {
}

I'd almost say the suggestion should be to follow the other phrases and have a nav_search, then users can add the word if they want to show it.

Template = PAGE_CONTAINER

Remove search : <span class="p-navgroup-linkText">{{ phrase('search') }}</span>

Remove username <span class="p-navgroup-linkText">{$xf.visitor.username}</span> (This occurs twice, you need to remove the second, the first one is for rejected users )
Worked perfectly! Thank you Mr Lucky!

Also looked around for an fa-search icon too, though wasn't able to locate one, so my guess is that it must be elsewhere.

Top Bottom