Remove the Edit time limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
I'm sorry, but you can't do this.

There are a number of forum's I don't visit because they have an edit time limit. I voted strongly against an edit time limit on a community I help on.

It isn't my fault, or anyone else's fault if they choose to edit their own posts and threads. This is called mis-use of a feauture!

If anything, let licensed members edit their posts for an unlimited time. Are we allowed to edit our posts at all?

Who made this decision? Are they stupid? I really don't think they are, and as such they should undo their silly decision.

Just because someone did something wrong, doesn't mean everyone else has to be punished. In fact, that's super unfair and anyone that does that is EVIL.

Just my two-cents, also I posted a new thread because the other one was closed. Bad idea.

I can't imagine I'd be happy if I lost tons of pages worth of quality content because one licensed member flipped their lid and deleted it all. Then again, having the ability to easily restore that data would help the matter.

I can't imagine I'd be happy if I lost tons of pages worth of quality content because one licensed member flipped their lid and deleted it all. Then again, having the ability to easily restore that data would help the matter.

Something must've happened between the forum owner and the member that did that though, or else why would they do that?

I imagine it will be reinstated once 1.2 is live on this site, specifically the edit history feature.

Unfortunately this is the less worse option of the 2 available options to protect important content at a forum.

Already discussed.

Closed.

Oh and referring to one of the owners and developers as "stupid" is a highly insulting thing to do.
Carrying on with comments like this and your arrogant demands to "re-open the threads at once" will see you being issued with warnings and placed in moderation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom