XF 2.0 Remove Social Share buttons from page?

RobParker

Is there a way to remove the social share icons from the bottom of a page? I'm adding the social share icons via a widget into the sidebar but they also appear on their own at the bottom of the page (and it seems as if it's the default behaviour).

That depends how many pages you want it to be applied to, if you want it globally across the entire site then extra.less is fine, if it's just on certain pages then it is better applied to the node itself.

just tried it, still there is this SHARE THIS THREAD on each post, the same as on this forum here, see below which I have marked with a circle.

screenshot.webp

That depends how many pages you want it to be applied to, if you want it globally across the entire site then extra.less is fine, if it's just on certain pages then it is better applied to the node itself.
I'm re-launching an old version and want to remove all share buttons to make it private. I only see "extra.css" in the templates. Where would I find "extra.less" to apply it globally across the entire site?

The extra.css template is the XF2 equivalent of extra.less.

They do the same thing.

However XF2 code may not work in XF1, if the class names have changed.

The extra.css template is the XF2 equivalent of extra.less.

They do the same thing.

However XF2 code may not work in XF1, if the class names have changed.
Brogan, I'm very confused. Can you please help? I'm re-launching an old version and want to remove all share buttons to make it private. I only see "extra.css" in the templates. Where would I find "extra.less" to apply it globally across the entire site?

Brogan, forgive me, it's been a few years since I've worked with code on my forum.

I applied the code in extra.css. It removed the share buttons from the sidebar of the home page but remains at the bottom of individual pages.

Attachments

• share buttons removal code.webp
    share buttons removal code.webp
    15.2 KB · Views: 8
Top Bottom