1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Remove signature

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by MirandaSings, Aug 13, 2015.

1. MirandaSings

MirandaSings Active Member

I am trying to find an addon that lets staff remove people's signature, but I found some outdated ones. Is there any recent ones that work for xenforo 1.5?

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you give your moderators permission to edit users, they can misfit the signature.

3. MirandaSings

Where is that permission? Would I have to grant them access to admin cp e.g. make them administrator?

Also if I wanted to allow other user groups to ban people, would they need admin cp access as well?

4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Only administrators may ban. However, you could set up warning points and actions to allow non-admins to ban.

5. MirandaSings

Can you be more specific on how to do that? I know about the warning details but how about the actions?

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

7. MirandaSings

Hi @Brogan - That is just for warning/creating moderators etc. But there is no option for them to be able to ban users?

8. Brogan

That page explains how to achieve it with a warning action.

9. MirandaSings

Hmm that only does a ban from warning threshold only, there's no other way to do it?

10. Brogan

Not without ACP access, no.