• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Remove response title when importring from vb3.8

aculate

When importing from vB3.8, how do I remove the response title on every message... 99.9% of all messages response to a discusion are prety much a copy and paste of the title. No wonder this was remove in xenForo...
I also want to remove it, coz it's ugly and a waste of space... How do i achieve this when importing from vb3.8... Where do i go?

Thanks

borbole

When importing from vB3.8, how do I remove the 're:' on every message... 99.9% of all messages response to a discusion are prety much a copy and paste of the title. No wonder this was remove in xenForo...
I also want to remove it, coz it's ugly and a waste of space... How do i achieve this when importing from vb3.8... Where do i go?

Thanks
Are they converted to xenforo?

You can try to remove them directly from the vb db by running a couple of queries.

To remove it from posts:

Code:
UPDATE vb_post
SET title = REPLACE(title, 'Re: ', '');
To remove it from threads:

Code:
UPDATE vb_thread
SET title = REPLACE(title, 'Re: ', '');
But first of all make a back up of the post and thread tables. An replace vb_ with whatever prefix you are using for your db tables.

aculate

Thanks for the advice, but that is not what im looking to do...sorry for the bad explanation, english is not my first language...

I want to remove (not just replace the 'Re:') the response title on every message inside a threa in Xenforo when importing from vb3.8...

Boothby

Xenforo has no post titles. The importer adds vBulletin's post titles to the beginning of the message text as a bold text line.

You can delete vB post titles with this query:
Code:
UPDATE vb_post
SET title = '';
To keep your original data unchanged comment this line out in /<xenforo-path>/library/XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php

Code:
$post['pagetext'] = '[b]' . htmlspecialchars_decode($post['title']) . "[/b]\n\n" . ltrim($post['pagetext']);
To:
Code:
#$post['pagetext'] = '[b]' . htmlspecialchars_decode($post['title']) . "[/b]\n\n" . ltrim($post['pagetext']);
That would suppress the described behaviour. :)

borbole

Thanks for the advice, but that is not what im looking to do...sorry for the bad explanation, english is not my first language...

I want to remove (not just replace the 'Re:') the response title on every message inside a threa in Xenforo when importing from vb3.8...
View attachment 41144
That is what that query will do. I remember doing it for someone running a vb forum several months ago who wanted the same thing. Did you try it?

aculate

That is what that query will do. I remember doing it for someone running a vb forum several months ago who wanted the same thing. Did you try it?
i did not tried it because i don't want to touch the original data, I like the idea of commenting out the code during import

aculate

To keep your original data unchanged comment this line out in /<xenforo-path>/library/XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php

Code:
$post['pagetext'] = '[b]' . htmlspecialchars_decode($post['title']) . "[/b]\n\n" . ltrim($post['pagetext']);
To:
Code:
#$post['pagetext'] = '[b]' . htmlspecialchars_decode($post['title']) . "[/b]\n\n" . ltrim($post['pagetext']);
That would suppress the described behaviour. :)
This tip did the trick for an vb3.8.4 import... no more post title in xenforo!!! :)