1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove reports

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by polle, Aug 24, 2012.

1. polle

polle Active Member

Today I saw 3 spam messages, so I tried the report button making for a comment "spam", just that.

I erased the messages and the author, everything ok.

Now I have a "1" alert in reports that lives there forever. If I visit reports I see the report there with my spam comment, but I cant delete it.

And the 1 alert at the top does not go away.

How to delete reports ?

Thanks.

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You need to "claim" the report and then mark it "resolved."

3. polle

polle Active Member

Hi Jake.

If I go to the reports and click the tile, I have nothing but a comment text field and button. The only other option is going to the content, which is deleted, so I cant actually go to it.

How do I claim and mark as resolved ?

Thanks.

4. Jeremy P

Jeremy P Well-Known Member

5. polle

polle Active Member

Hi Jeremy.

And where do I see that ? There is nothing showing like that for me.

6. Jeremy P

It should be in the sidebar on the report page. If it doesn't show up, it might be an issue with a custom style if you're not using the default, or some permissions thing I'm unaware of..

7. polle

polle Active Member

Maybe because I deleted the message ?

How can I delete that as an admin then ? Remove the report, the report comments and mark it as solved ?

Thanks.

8. polle

polle Active Member

I see it now !!

Thanks.

Jeremy P likes this.
  9. Jeremy P

Deleting the message shouldn't cause problems.. just checked the code and there's no permission weirdness, if you can view the report you should be able to assign/update it. Are you using the default style?

Edit: Good to hear :D

10. polle

polle Active Member

Solved Jeremy, I see the box now.

Thank you for helping :)

Jeremy P likes this.
  11. jt2011

jt2011 Active Member

I can't see any option to read or deal with reports anywhere, can someone tell me how to get to this option.
    Other users have reported some posts and I just can't find where I can view the reported posts...

12. Jeremy P

They appear at the top of the page ('Reported Items') alongside 'Moderation Queue'.

Make sure you have moderator permissions for your account set appropriately. admin != mod

13. jt2011

jt2011 Active Member

found it thank you, the theme i am using made it hard to see