Remove Quick Links

Remove Quick Links 1.0.0

No permission to download

TheLaw

TheLaw submitted a new resource:

Remove Quick Links - Remove the Quick Links and Nav heading taking up space in your dropdown navigation

I've seen a number of requests asking how to remove the Quick Links heading from the top of your dropdown menu. The solution has always been "use CSS to hide it!" While "display:none" works much of the time, it doesn't work the way I prefer and decided to just get rid of it non-destructively using an addon. It will remove the Quick Links from being generated in your template. This product is Thank You ware which means you must thank me in case you decide to use it. Licensing will be strictly...

Read more about this resource...

Since I see This addon is generally compatible with most that touch the navigation (like [USER=92813]@Siropu Custom Tabs) and with one easy tweak if you're using Audentio's Navigation Manager. If you aren't intending to rename Quick Links to something else (which is a feature), unchecking one box will work like a charm:

AdminCP >> Appearance >> Template Modifications

Find "[AD] Navigation Manager" and uncheck the box to the right of "navigation Adds ability to change quick links text" and this little addon will work.[/USER]

Last edited:
Hi TheLaw,
Sadly, after setup, i do not see [AD] Navigation Manager in Template Modifications list.
Using UIX Class theme.

Used : display:none instead in CSS and working ok :)

Regards

Last edited:
Hi TheLaw,
Sadly, after setup, i do not see [AD] Navigation Manager in Template Modifications list.
Using UIX Class theme.
Used : display:none instead in CSS and working ok :)
Sometimes display of hidden links can be triggered. This issue is one among several other reasons why display:none isn't a great solution. And if something should never appear, the best solution is not to have the code appear. Hence I just wrote a simple mod to always suppress it, and it works for most themes (Works find with the default theme and color customizations and also with XenBase from PixelExit.)

Regarding the UI.X theme, it replaces virtually the entire navigation. I don't know if you can write an addon to replace a customized template, which is essentially a mod of a mod. To remove it manually (which I did from UI.X), the best idea is to ask them to include the following permanent changes in the template. This worked for me"

AdminCP >> Appearance >> Customized Components

Delete the following lines (three times)

Code:
                                            <h3>{$extraTab.title}</h3>
                                            <div class="muted">{xen:phrase quick_links}</div>

Delete these too (appears only once)

Code:
                                            <h3>{$tabs.members.title}</h3>

Code:
                                            <h3>{$tabs.forums.title}</h3>

Top Bottom