Lack of interest Remove Profile Page Link on the Member Card

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Amaury

Clicking the member's username takes you to their profile page as well, so having two links to the same place on the member card seems kind of redundant.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Why remove functionality?
It does no harm to have both links in place.

It doesn't. You're right. :) However, from your point of view, what are the ups of having two links that go to the same place literally right next to each other?

For those less internet savvy, not having an underline or some sort of indication under the username, they may not assume to go click it. But if I wanted to go to their profile, seeing "Profile Page" would be a valid assumption of what to click to achieve the end result I want.

I can click either one.

Well, there's that, haha! However, personally, if they're literally right next to each other, then I kind of see it as pointless. I can understand having the Start a New Conversation link, for example, on the member card and then under the Inbox dropdown menu because those two links aren't literally right next to each other. However, I can't understand it with the username and Profile Page links on the member card.

I dunno, maybe I'm just crazy.

For those less internet savvy, not having an underline or some sort of indication under the username, they may not assume to go click it. But if I wanted to go to their profile, seeing "Profile Page" would be a valid assumption of what to click to achieve the end result I want.

Very valid point. I suppose they could they determine it's a link by the color, but those that aren't very Internet-savvy may not be able to do that, as you said.

There's actually a 3rd link to the same page... the avatar.

Thank you, Daniel. -_-

Top Bottom