XF 1.5 Remove people from deleting posts while keeping edit posts

Xyphien

So, the Edit and Delete posts are linked together, which personally doesn't make much since as they are two completely different entities on a site.

Untitled.webp

Is there any way, plugin, etc. to allow it so I can make it so they cannot delete a topic after 24 hours, whilst keeping it so they can edit a post for as long as they want. I've had members in the past delete all of their topics which causes other to lose post count, etc. so I removed this past 24 hours, without realising that it effects other members from being able to edit their posts after 24 hours, which is a huge part of the forum, and is something needed in several areas...

It would require custom development.

If they can edit then they can do just as much "damage" as if they can delete.
Either way, it's recoverable by restoring the posts or post content.

I've had members in the past delete all of their topics which causes other to lose post count, etc.
If you limit their ability to delete their threads (which is shown in your screenshot), that issue would be prevented. If they want to delete their own threads, they'd need to ask for it to be done (such as via a report), but the only difference there would be within that 24 hour window where you would have allowed it.

If you limit their ability to delete their threads (which is shown in your screenshot), that issue would be prevented. If they want to delete their own threads, they'd need to ask for it to be done (such as via a report), but the only difference there would be within that 24 hour window where you would have allowed it.
The issue at hand is not allowing them to delete their thread, while allowing them to edit posts after 24 hours.

Top Bottom