Remove last post avatars

Remove last post avatars [Paid] 1.3

No permission to buy ($35.00)

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Remove last post avatars - Removes last post avatars from forum list and forum view.

Premium upgrade:

This XF2 add-on along with the entire collection can be purchased for $35.00 USD. Your Premium upgrade will allow you to download as many XF2 add-ons as you like for one year. Please see the entire collection located in the Resources area at this URL:

https://www.xf2addons.com/

Description:

Removes last post avatars from forum list and forum view.

Before
View attachment 191207

After
[ATTACH type="full"...

Read more about this resource...

Aren't them already removed by default on Xenforo or am I missing something? I had to install an add-on to have them displayed, called "Last Post Avatar" by ThemeHouse.

doesn't this do the same thing?

CSS:
.node-extra-icon {
    display: none;
}

I am already using this but, you still have in my case 20 request which are downloading 20 avatars in background and slowing page load down.

@AndyB I have now downloaded and installed your addon but it doesn't seem to work :S maybe because of my theme UI.X 2 Classic?

As far as I know if you use display:none the request is not downloaded. The only possible reason you still have requests downloading is if you add display:none at the bottom of the css (or in a separate file) so that the browser intercepts the "display:none" only after having downloaded all the pictures, so a quick (and free) solution, as Dermot said, is to use .node-extra-icon{display:none !important} at the very top of your extra.css file.

Another great AddOn! Would it perhaps be possible to include a control via user groups? I would like to hide the last post avatars for guests only.

Another great AddOn! Would it perhaps be possible to include a control via user groups? I would like to hide the last post avatars for guests only.

Without using this great AddOn, you can simply add this line in your extra.less template, to hide last post avatars only for guests:

[data-logged-in="false"] .node-extra-icon{display:none}

Top Bottom