Duplicate Remove ID From Profile (Links)

frm

The ID should be removed from profiles with the recent update of username changes in 2.2 as /members/frm.187211 will always link to me if someone remembers/bookmarks the profile since even /members/jacksmith.187211 will still link to me, as well as a plain ole /members/187211.

Attaching an ID to profiles makes almost anyone traceable (for those with time on their hands) since a lot of sites are archived and the ID will always remain.

A more reasonable approach would be to use just /members/username as Reddit does quite fine with /u/membername, so it doesn't seem to be out of the realm of possibility for XenForo to use.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Why would it be an issue? If someone has asked to be removed under GDPR the ID would be dead anyway. You cant ask to be forgotten and still have an account.

Different reasons but this is basically the same suggestion as:

Why would it be an issue? If someone has asked to be removed under GDPR the ID would be dead anyway. You cant ask to be forgotten and still have an account.
My understanding, and correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not in the EU, is that you have the right to be forgotten, but, your content can remain for as long as it doesn't infringe on personal identifiable information.

Therefore, if the account is "deleted", it's still attached to a profile that links to all posts made by that previous username.

Top Bottom