remove guest names?

zaiger

I am trying to remove my guest's ability to choose their own name. I would like every guest post to come from the same username. Preferably I would like guests to post from a pre-defined user account, but that may be too complicated. Having every guest post as a "Guest" with the username "Guest" would work almost as well for me. Any ideas?

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> thread_reply

Replace this code:

Code:
	<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id} == 0">
		<dl class="ctrlUnit">
			<dt><label for="ctrl_guestUsername">{xen:phrase name}:</label></dt>
			<dd><input type="text" name="_guestUsername" value="{$visitor.username}" class="textCtrl" /></dd>
		</dl>
	</xen:if>

With this:

Code:
	<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id} == 0">
		<input type="hidden" name="_guestUsername" value="Guest" />
	</xen:if>

You need to make the same change to this template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> thread_create

Just make sure no one registers the name "Guest" or guests will no longer be able to post because the name is in use.

Thanks a lot guys. I forgot that you couldn't have a guest with the same name as a registered user, which makes total sense, I just didn't think about that. Would it be terribly difficult to assign all guests to a single account? I have seen addons like the 'anonymous posting' or the 'ragtek new user notification system' where automated and manual posts are assigned to a user in the ACP, however I don't need a fancy options menu. Would that work if I put the user ID that I would like guests to post from into the template in the same way? Like say here:
Code:
xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id} == 0"
and then changed the value underneath it to that account?

Boooo :oops:

Maybe this is a good opportunity to make my first addon. Any advice as to the best way to implement an extension for the specific changes I am looking for?

Top Bottom