remove board from title tag other than home

Brandon Sheley

Is there a way to remove the forum title from the post?

Here is an example...

Here is what it's currently showing

Code:
<title>HEREAFTER Featurette: Visual Effects Shot Breakdowns Reel | General Forums</title>

I'd like it to be

Code:
<title>HEREAFTER Featurette: Visual Effects Shot Breakdowns Reel</title>

What template do I need to edit for that?

Thanks

This was posted on the blog thread but than I found out my forum name is all all threads as well.
I'd like the forum name on the forum page itself, the thread and categories should use their names as the title tag, not (thread title - board name)

I'd like to suggest this for future releases as well as let me know what I need to edit to fix my version now.

Thanks

I'm assuming this wasn't actually supposed to be a suggestion, or was it based on the last comment?

The <title> tag formats should be defined in PAGE_CONTAINER.

I'm assuming this wasn't actually supposed to be a suggestion, or was it based on the last comment?

The <title> tag formats should be defined in PAGE_CONTAINER.
Hello Mike

Actually it was suppose to be a suggestion as per this line
(I'd like to suggest this for future releases as well)

It's better for the admins as far as their longtail SEO goes.
You don't want the same phrase in all your title tags even if it is your forum name.

Thanks for the template name, I'm going to go fix that right now :)

One thing, if I remove the board from the title tag, will it remove it from my forum home page as well?

thx

ps.. I removed {$xenOptions.boardTitle} from that template and it removed the title from the forum home page but not from the thread pages

the opposite of what I'm after :p

There should be 2 cases - when there's a specific page title, and when there's not. You want to leave it when there's no specific title.
found it, thanks for the help and I do hope you consider removing this code from future releases :)

Code:
 | {$xenOptions.boardTitle}

But I guess that's really on the designers, so I hope they consider it as well :p

Okay this is very strange. :P

When Brandon made this change on one of my product, it automatically edited page_container_js_head which is a template NOT edited (thus it is inherited from master templates) and this was the code:

Code:
<script src="{$jQuerySource}"></script>
<xen:if is="{$jQuerySource} != {$jQuerySourceLocal}">
<script>if (!window.jQuery) { document.write('<scr'+'ipt type="text/javascript" src="{$jQuerySourceLocal}"><\/scr'+'ipt>'); }</script>
</xen:if><xen:if is="{$xenOptions.uncompressedJs} == 1 OR {$xenOptions.uncompressedJs} == 3">
<script src="{$javaScriptSource}/jquery/jquery.xenforo.rollup.js?_v={$xenOptions.jsVersion}"></script></xen:if>
<script src="{xen:helper javaScriptUrl, '{$javaScriptSource}/xenforo/xenforo.js?_v={$xenOptions.jsVersion}'}"></script>
Which removed:
Code:
<!--XenForo_Require:JS-->
What in the world could cause this? Im confused by this :P

Is there a way to remove the forum title from the post?

Here is an example...

Here is what it's currently showing

Code:
<title>HEREAFTER Featurette: Visual Effects Shot Breakdowns Reel | General Forums</title>

I'd like it to be

Code:
<title>HEREAFTER Featurette: Visual Effects Shot Breakdowns Reel</title>

What template do I need to edit for that?

Thanks

This was posted on the blog thread but than I found out my forum name is all all threads as well.
I'd like the forum name on the forum page itself, the thread and categories should use their names as the title tag, not (thread title - board name)

I'd like to suggest this for future releases as well as let me know what I need to edit to fix my version now.

Thanks

I wouldn't worry too much about that Brandon, in terms of SEO it's in the correct place at the end of the thread title. Had it been the other way around like this below, then I'd want it removed or moved to the end. Although I agree, it might be a good idea generally to remove it from thread titles in future XenForo release.

Code:
<title>General Forums | HEREAFTER Featurette: Visual Effects Shot Breakdowns Reel</title>

I know this is an old post but I just had to do a google search to remove the title and had found my old thread..lol

Anyways I just ran the edit on a paid style, I think one of audentio's and it worked fine for me.
Not that this helps you much but maybe it's been cleaned up over the last 3 years.

Top Bottom