1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Remove all custom user titels?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by phtvs, Jan 15, 2016.

1. phtvs

phtvs Member

Is it possible to remove all the custom user titels at once? (Batch update users does not have user titels in it)

I want to use a user title ladder, but most of the users have a custom user title. I already set persmissions for the user title at NO, but that doesnt remove the custom user titel.

Thanks in advance!

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Run this query in phpMyAdmin:
    Code:
    UPDATE xf_user set custom_title = '';
    Take a backup first, just in case.

phtvs likes this.
  3. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

I don't believe there is, unfortunately.

There is a suggestion to add the facility to do this:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/batch-update-custom-user-titles.62455/

(there's a database query in the 4th post of that thread that may work, though best to make a backup before trying it)

There's also another suggestion about reverting to default titles when users don't have the custom title permission:

https://xenforo.com/community/threa...tle-ladder-when-user-has-no-permission.68635/

If you agree with either or both of these suggestions, please like the first post in the thread(s). :)

4. phtvs

phtvs Member

Thank you, I will give it a try.

I think this should be an option in de batch update users function! So yes, I like the post!

5. sross

sross Active Member

I was looking for this as well. I'll try the query although 'take a db backup first' makes me a little nervous. I'll do it on my dev server first.

6. James

James Well-Known Member

I think "take a backup" is always a disclaimer on every bit of advice offered that involved direct database manipulation. Doesn't mean it's a guess if it'll work just means you have a recent restore point of your data should the worst happen. Who knows, you might type it wrong and corrupt something!

7. Luis

Luis Well-Known Member