Lack of interest Removal of unused editor icons from spritesheet

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
On an unrelated note, I've never seen quick replies submit faster than on 1.2! Very good performance-based boost too here!

Nice job guys!

The ?redactor is a cache buster mechanism. Your browser had icons.png cached, but icons.png?redactor is a new resource for the browser, so it gets loaded and recached.

I think Mike kept the spritesheet to save himself work and to allow future icons to be added. If he had removed all unused icons he had to correct the default CSS values for all icons. The file is just 20KB and is cached by your browser, so you need to download it once.

I think Mike kept the spritesheet to save himself work and to allow future icons to be added. If he had removed all unused icons he had to correct the default CSS values for all icons. The file is just 20KB and is cached by your browser, so you need to download it once.

I think he'll eventually use his own spritesheet, I still think a pretty big portion of icons aren't used there (even if a few more features were added).

Sometimes first visit experience could be essential and the quicker the initial load on the page the better.

please dont strip out icons ppl might potentially want to use for the sake of a couple kb when you can save tons more by getting rid of all the gradient overlays.

Top Bottom