1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remember Kier's vB4 mock style?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Shamil, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

2. vB Style

vB Style New Member

Yes, I remember it.
    One day this style had been applied in vB 4. The next, it was changed with a new. And next week changed again to a new style.

3. Cam2

Cam2 Member

Now that I liked much better than the current 4.0 style. The funny thing is, I like this one even better :).

4. Sean James

Sean James Well-Known Member

This style is much better on XenForo

5. vB Style

vB Style New Member

I think that style is copyrighted to vBulletin, but I am not sure.

6. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

Totally agreed!

dutchbb likes this.
  7. Eric J.

Eric J. Well-Known Member

Considering Kier made it he should have full rights to it, unless of course it was copyright vB and not Kier.

8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Things that employees create in the process of doing their job for a company are generally covered by "work for hire" and owned by the company.

9. Eric J.

Eric J. Well-Known Member

So that means he doesn't own the rights? Either way it isn't a direct rip or anything, so no problems.

10. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

It's covered by Intellectual Property, in that in Kier's contract, it may have been stated that any work produced for vBulletin, remains the property of vBulletin Solutions/ Internet Brands.
    He probably doesn't own the rights. Yep, it's not a direct rip, but uses some styling elements, and as far I as I know, that is fine.

11. Mark.B

Mark.B Well-Known Member

Some elements look slightly familiar (eg the way replies/views is done, and of course the navbar which is not entirely unlike what ended up in vB4) but for the most part it is not the same as the vB mocks, not at all.

12. Floris

Floris Guest

Well said. :D

13. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

This style is better than vB4 new's site and the one kier made for them a while back.

dutchbb likes this.