1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Reloading XenForo

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by StarArmy, Dec 16, 2015.

1. StarArmy

StarArmy Active Member

Can one just merge the files from a new full install into an existing install to clear out the changes that add-ons have made? Would the configuration be preserved?
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The absence or presence of files themselves doesn't really make a difference to how XF runs. If you want to remove add-on content, you need to uninstall the add-on, which would remove all of their data and configuration. (You could potentially just disable them as well, though that can leave some references to them.)
  3. StarArmy

StarArmy Active Member

I had edited this thread to be a more general question, but the original post gave more details - essentially an add-on had failed to install correctly, and it was the add-on that modified install functionality. This left me in a situation where no add-ons could be installed or uninstalled, and the failed installation add-on was not even listed in the list of installed add-ons.

Luckily I was able to finally resolve the problem.