Lack of interest Related threads banner above all thread pages

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

AnthonyCea

I do think forums need innovation, a banner that would show links to related threads at the top of each page of a thread like a mini tag cloud would be great, it would need to be controlled by administrators and mod's though, not the way similar threads work automatically on vB via keyword search, although that function could be used in the ACP to help admin's or mod's find similar threads.

"Repeat the first post" on each page would be great too for readers that come into a thread at the end.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
So Admins and Mods would have to search for and create a list of related threads for every thread in the forum?
And keep updating it as threads are merged, deleted, created?

Unless it's an automated process, that's never going to work.

The problem with automated processes though is the related threads are usually not related at all.

No, they would not have to use the module at all if they did not want to use it, it could be turned off or disabled in the ACP.

I need it as an option so readers can find related threads without having to read through the entire topic to find them if they are linked from the thread they are reading.

Many times I link to related threads within important threads, but the reader would never know about them unless they take the time to read the entire thread.

This would also be a major SEO tool for forum admin's.

Top Bottom