XF 1.5 Reinstalling XF

Hey guys,
What is the best way to reinstall XF while keeping all the forum information, threads, members etc.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Why do you need to reinstall XenForo? If you can explain in more detail then you will be given better advice. :)
There is quite a lot of errors since i transferred hosts and just copy and pasted the files.
1. Attachments do not seem to always work.
2. the shorten URLS do not work
3. I get errors left and right, like trying to change my profile picture etc.

Check that the data and internal_data directories are set to world writeable (CHMOD 0777) and that this is done recursively (ie for these directories and all files and folders within these).
It is.
What do you mean by 'shorten URLs'? Do you mean Full Friendly URLs? If so, see this for details:
Yes that is what i mean, it worked before the transfer and i have already looked through those links and tried a few things before that didnt work.

The forums is functional and has been for the past month, just these few errors i would like to fix and since im a pretty of a noob i though it would just be easier to reinstall

Reinstalling won't necessarily fix the problems.

Ensure there is an .htaccess file in place.
If not, rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess.

If it still doesn't work, contact your host and check the server is configured correctly, as per the help manual.

Top Bottom