XF 1.2 reinstall question about CHMOD directories

darren

I've had to change server and would like confirmation of the following:

Do I have to CHMOD directories data & internal data to 777 on just the directories or all the files and subdirectories too?

You need to log in to the server and run those commands, or do it from within your FTP program.

The FAQ in my signature has instructions for moving your installation (to the root).

Honestly until now my forum is not running online. I am stack with the installation. What is CHMOD and CHMOD 0777 how can I setup them. Please help me on this. I am an entrepreneur and not a techy guy that's why I don't know about these. Also I want my forum as www.mydomain.com and not www.mydomain.com/community/

Any help is very much appreciated.
Howdy @Jericho M

You should upload all files inside "upload" dir to public_html directory if need it like www.mydomain.com

Then you need to set the 777 permission on data & internal_data folders

CHMOD is a Linux file permission command. 777 is the permission that you need to set for "data" and "internal_data" folders.
You can do it with a FTP software (like filezilla)

Login to your server with the ftp program, then locate the data folder inside xenforo directory (in this case public_html) then right click on the data folder and then select properties, then change permissions to 777.
and again, right click on the internal_data folder and do the same thing.

Top Bottom