Reimporting only Avatars/Attachments from VB

We had an issue were we imported our data from VB 3.8 but because of an error in setting the path of our vbattach and customavatars folder, the avatars and folders were not imported.

Is there anyway we can reimport only avatars and attachments from VB?

Personally, I don't recommended the avatar import, period. That is because vBulletin had different sizes compared to Xenforo. I would rather have the forum users re-upload a new avatar that will fit properly into new Xenforo card.

Personally, I don't recommended the avatar import, period. That is because vBulletin had different sizes compared to Xenforo. I would rather have the forum users re-upload a new avatar that will fit properly into new Xenforo card.

Yeah, we actually had a fair number of complaints along the lines of "why's my avatar blurry/cropped weird/etc" after the migration. I'm not sure if it would have been better to not import them at all, though. It's a question of which way is less disruptive to the users, and I'm not sure one way is "better" than another.

Reactions: Rob
Avatar sizes can be altered in xenForo to my knowledge.

Avatar sizes can be altered in xenForo to my knowledge.
News to me. I wonder how can you resize a 64x64px avatar to 192x192px (default Xenforo size)? From what I know, it keeps the tiny avatar and fills the rest with black background.
http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/guide-to-video-card-upgrades-questions.66390/

Perfect example is the OP user, click on his avatar (style is broken in Chrome).
There is something broken on the site, as the card does not always pops.

I think the importer stretched the images to the new sizes. I think it's a non-issue, I would have preferred users to reupload their avatars but I don't make those decisions, also current users would have complained a lot about it.

@mmoore5553 the site runs on an ancient CMS called Esselbach Storyteller, it has been heavily modded and I wouldn't recommend anyone to even research about it because it really sucks.

@Floren I haven't had the cards not popping out issue, do you know how to trigger that bug?

Top Bottom