Regular Season Hockey Begins!

Unfortunately I haven't been paying enough attention to have a clue how this season is expected to go, mostly just been catching bits of Flyers' headlines. Still, fingers crossed.... ;)

The Phantoms (AHL) have moved to near where my parents live though, so if I go back to visit at some point, I'll need to catch a game or two. (I saw an ice hockey game in Edinburgh once. The standard was... lacking. I'm pretty sure the quality was better at Penn State's club team.)

Speaking of Lehigh Valley , I was a bit surprised the Flyers waived Jay Rosehill to go play for the Phantoms on Friday. They are going to start the season now without any enforcers on the roster. Should really be interesting to see how that pans out. I'm really hoping the CHL/ECHL merger happens before start of the season. CHL only has 7 teams in the league, so will be great to get more teams here playing then just the same old other six all season long against the Missouri Mavericks.

ap-jayrosehill-flyers.webp

As a Stars fan, I can't wait to see how much damage Spezza does on the second ("1B") line. I'm concerned about the defense, but once Kari Lehtonen finds his rhythm, Dallas will be a team to watch out for in the West.

Also, :ROFLMAO:Arizona Coyotes:ROFLMAO:

As a Stars fan, I can't wait to see how much damage Spezza does on the second ("1B") line. I'm concerned about the defense, but once Kari Lehtonen finds his rhythm, Dallas will be a team to watch out for in the West.

Saw the Stars last weekend play. There was a pre-season game here in Kansas City between the Blues and Stars. Also lot of people here locally seem to suddenly be Stars fans with our local CHL team Missouri Mavericks gaining Richard Matvichuk as our new head coach this season. Met and talked with him during a few summer events, really nice guy.. Going to be a great addition to the Mavs.

Ah another let down season for my infamous Blues :p

Seriously though, at least we aren't heavy favorites as we were last year so maybe less pressure. With the addition of Statsny and the addition of Elliot (again) with the loss (or not loss) of Ryan Miller, I think we are in line for another fine season. Is it going to be enough to beat the rest of the Central/Western, TBD.

Seriously though, at least we aren't heavy favorites as we were last year so maybe less pressure. With the addition of Statsny and the addition of Elliot (again) with the loss (or not loss) of Ryan Miller, I think we are in line for another fine season. Is it going to be enough to beat the rest of the Central/Western, TBD.

pffft some fan.. your not even gonna be in town for opening day :P Haha, seriously though, enjoy that vacation.. Besides Rangers gonna win anyway :D

pffft some fan.. your not even gonna be in town for opening day :p Haha, seriously though, enjoy that vacation.. Besides Rangers gonna win anyway :D
:ROFLMAO: I am a realist. 46 seasons and no Stanley cups. Longest of anyone in NHL. :( Thankfully we have a good baseball franchise, gives me something to look forward to come October ;)

Looks like we might have a very exciting afternoon today with announcements in the minor leagues of professional hockey

AHL announced late last night "American Hockey League President and CEO David Andrews will be making a major announcement at the Utica Memorial Auditorium in Utica, N.Y., on Tuesday, Oct. 7." http://theahl.com/ahl-to-make-major-announcement-tuesday-p193995

And after weeks of rumors on Twitter and Facebook. Sports Illustrated posted an article yesterday stating the merger will be announced any day now. http://www.si.com/nhl/2014/10/06/source-echl-chl-merger-be-confirmed-next-week

booyaaa! Shizzle just got real for minor league professional hockey.. The official announcement at last!

October 7, 2014

CHICAGO – The ECHL announced on Tuesday that the League’s Board of Governors has approved the Membership applications of the Allen Americans, Brampton Beast, Missouri Mavericks, Quad City Mallards, Rapid City Rush, Tulsa Oilers and Wichita Thunder for admission to the ECHL.

The seven expansion teams will begin play in the ECHL this season, giving the League 28 teams in 20 states and one Canadian province for its 27th season of operation, which begins on Friday, Oct. 17 and runs through Saturday, April 11.

The applicants were approved at a special meeting of the ECHL Board of Governors in Chicago on Tuesday.

@Dan I'm not so sure about the Blues not being heavy favourites. They have an extremely deep core, fairly solid defense and...two goaltenders...which should equal at least similar performance to last season. On paper they look pretty imposing! The Central as a whole became extremely difficult this offseason. So much talent moved in, and very little moved out. It's going to be a long, long season for any fan of a Central Division team.

Saw the Stars last weekend play. There was a pre-season game here in Kansas City between the Blues and Stars. Also lot of people here locally seem to suddenly be Stars fans with our local CHL team Missouri Mavericks gaining Richard Matvichuk as our new head coach this season. Met and talked with him during a few summer events, really nice guy.. Going to be a great addition to the Mavs.

I'm pretty excited to see how the Stars shape up over the season. They've got everything they need offensively to make a real push to advance from last year's 8th place finish. Especially with San Jose having their...crisis...Defense is a concern, and Kari Lehtonen looked a bit shaky in the preseason, but I love the depth the Stars have and there is just so much offensive potential that they've got to be a threat to win every night (even those annoying 6-5 or 5-4 wins). Plus that #1 PP line...:love:.

I would love to get out to the AAC and see Dallas play in Texas, but I live right beside the Coyotes' arena in AZ, so I only get to see them live a couple of times a year :(.

Richard Matvichuk is an amazing person in general. I met him once when I lived in Texas ('98 or so), and he was just superb. Fantastic individual, and always a consistently underrated d-man!

Blues are currently 4th overall. Not too shabby of a start! Looking forward to our trip up to see you in Feb for rangers vs blues. Reminds me. Need to pm you soon so we can arrange getting tickets too

Top Bottom