1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 registration message and basic description

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by upnet, Apr 11, 2014.

1. upnet

upnet Active Member

I'm wondering how to customize two aspects of my xenforo forum.

When I send the registration message is it possible to edit the text:
    1. "Your account is currently awaiting confirmation. Confirmation was sent to
    2. blah@blah.com
    3. Resend Confirmation Email"
    So that it includes a message saying please be sure to check your spam folder. My outgoing smtp for stablehost is a different domain then my forum domain so messages seem to go to spam. I set it up with no encryption because then I can use my domain as the smtp server but maybe its not a good idea to have no encryption on my e-mails from the forum?

Also I'm wondering is there a way to include a description about the forum on the forum page - not the home page. I'm considering adding it to the right on my logo. Or even better where it has my forum name in text under my logo before the empty bar and forum topics.

Any input is appreciated thanks
    wedgar likes this.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can edit the email text - search the phrases for that content and it will return the phrases which use it.

A screenshot of where you want the description to show would be useful.
    upnet likes this.
  3. upnet

upnet Active Member

thanks for response Brogan

is a link ok?

it's uberpeople.net

i'm thinking underneath forums and above news, where it says UberPeople. I'd like to have a few lines of description there. Unless someone recommends design wise that I put it somewhere else?
  4. upnet

upnet Active Member

Here is a screenshot.
  5. upnet

upnet Active Member

is that a difficult spot? where the text says UberPeople, to insert a description paragraph?

i know where the phrases are in cpanel, but i don't see how to search them for "Your account is currently awaiting confirmation. "
  6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Just do a search for that text. Admin CP > Appearance > Search Phrases
  7. upnet

upnet Active Member

Ahh the search is labeled languages, so I didn't see it - thanks. Still wondering if I can edit that part of my main page to include a description of my forum.
    Thanks Amaury for the response!
  8. upnet

upnet Active Member

I figured out how to edit forum_list and change h1 from boardTitle to my own text.