Registration issue

While testing registration on new account from one of my forum, I received the error message:

Error
  • Please enter a value for the required field 'request_response'.
  • Please enter a value for the required field 'country_detected'.

ACP Option > Email Option, it look fine to me, maybe this issue is something else? Anyone experience with this before ?

Regards

TAC Anti-spam is still important to protect our forums, I thought something else like ACP Firewall or User Locks ?

I can remove TAC collection but how can I protect it from massive spamming?

Is there anything else that could be generating the country_detected error? We've disabled the TAC StopCountrySpam and I still have users complaining about seeing this message. It may be tied to them using the Facebook integration.

You do not need to turn off StopCountry Spam if you have set the JSON request URL (this is stated in the registration steps). For the most recent version, StopCountrySpam is now turned off until you have set this.

If you have disabled StopCountrySpam, your issue is not with StopCountrySpam, what is the error message your users are seeing?

Quoted from the user's bug report:

Clicked on register then I choose the "I don't have an account option to make one". Click sign up and it takes me to the error page. Says "please enter a value for the required field 'country_detected'".

It shouldn't do this if it's turned off (so thats strange), but I can put some validation in the logging section (which is where this field gets used).

Are you using the latest version and is it from the free TAC Pack?

Top Bottom