1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Registration Email Confirmation Error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Lone Wolf, May 25, 2015.

  1. Lone Wolf

    Lone Wolf Well-Known Member

    When I register a test account, the confirmation email gets sent fine but when I click on the link in the confirmation email I get the following error...

    The requested page could not be found.

    It's not an addon issue because we disabled all listeners and still got the same problem. Any idea what it could be?
     
  2. Brogan

    Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    Is the Board URL correct?
     
  3. Lone Wolf

    Lone Wolf Well-Known Member

  4. Brogan

    Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    What makes you think it's that?

    It's not something I've heard of before.
    What are the file permissions set to? They should be 0644 (in general).
     
  5. Lone Wolf

    Lone Wolf Well-Known Member

    I've got one of the addon makers from here helping out and he thought that it might be that.

    I found the file in....

    https://www.mydomain.com/forums/library/xenforo/ControllerPublic/AccountConfirmation.php

    and not in...

    https://www.mydomain.com/forums/library/ControllerPublic/AccountConfirmation.php

    the permissions are set to 644
     
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
  6. Mike

    Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

    This will have nothing to do with permissions. It will entirely be down to URL generation, which is almost certainly the Board URL, though I suppose some add-on could change the URLs to generate unexpectedly.

    First, please show a screenshot of your "Board URL" setting.

    Further, you need to disable all add-ons (I assume you haven't edited any files directly, BTW) and then test the email being sent while the add-ons are disabled. You can't disable the add-ons after the fact.
     
  7. AKC

    AKC New Member

    I had this problem too when I registered a test account, it was due to the "Board URL" setting as suggested. I think when I initially installed the Xenforo files, I uploaded to a folder called Community as suggested in the guide and then when I realised it would lengthen the main forum URL, I deleted the files and re-uploaded to the public_html root directory for my primary domain name. I assume I'd already entered the Community folder setting at this point and that's what ended up in the Board URL setting. Thanks Brogan and Mike.
     

Share This Page