XF 2.0 Registration Date Anomaly

Hi,

I'm attaching a screenshot of a user registration that showed up in our queue today (10 Oct 2018). As you can see, the application was submitted on 25 April 2018. I'm posting here because support tickets don't allow screenshot files.

Register Anomaly.webp

Obviously, this makes us look like we don't care. Since we're a healthcare team that helps people with terminal diseases, this is bad, bad, bad. What's going on?

Add-ons:
[TH] Nodes 1.0.0
[TH] UI.X 2.0.7 Patch Level 1
Post Content Find / Replace 2.0.1
Register email 1.5

Namaste,

David Bourke.

Last edited:
You should remove the screenshot since it exposes the email and probably the real name of that person :confused:
Register email is already at 2.5 and had several bug fixes since then. No clue if that has anything to do with your problem, but you should update that first I guess.

It's very difficult to really say what happened. If you look at the user in the control panel, does the user change log indicate anything surrounding their user state changing?

Do you manually approve all users? Have you had any other content to manually approve since April? (If so, were any of them users?)

The only way I think that can happen is if the user does not confirm their email address.

Until then, the account won't appear in the queue for approval.

What entries are in the change log for that member?

Last edited:
Hi,

Nothing except my account activation in the user change log. There are 96 identical server errors logged.

Server_error.webp

Here's a full entry:

Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Macro public:re...', '/home/spooky16/...', 556, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(556): trigger_error('Macro public:re...', 512)
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(660): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateMacro('public', 'register_macros', 'email_choice_ro...')
#3 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s3/public/register_form.php(171): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('register_macros', 'email_choice_ro...', Array, Array)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1248): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\UIX\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('register_form', Array)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Register\\For...', 'public:register...', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#10 src/XF/App.php(1891): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#12 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#13 {main}

Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(26) "/forum/index.php?register/"
["referrer"] => string(52) "https://www.spooky2icu.com/forum/index.php?register/"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["register/"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

I've seen this happen before, but the delay was always just a few days, and I then manually activate. Where a user name format is incorrect, I always correct it and inform the user of the change, then manually activate.

Very ill people usually don't think to check their spam folders.

I've asked our technical admin to take over this troubleshooting - I'm just the guy who foots the bills. I live in Thailand, and he lives in Greece, so there may be a slight delay.

Namaste,

David.

That error looks to potentially be due to an outdated template. It's worth fixing, though unrelated.

As it happens, what @Brogan suggested is almost certainly the case. To prevent a lot of noise, we don't actually log a user confirming their email address. It's very likely they never confirmed the address, logged back in and resent the confirmation, and finally went through with the confirmation.

Top Bottom