Registration and posting new threads

vord

I've just registered. It took me 3 tries and given that I'm perfect there must be usability errors in there.

First is it's not immediately obvious that I couldn't get away with just entering the month of birth - I don't like giving away the rest and the day and year looked like optional buttons so I didn't fill them in.

Next the username and password were not remembered when I went back. There are perfectly secure ways to remember them (password can be temporarily stored as md5 with a conditional on it for if the user has gone back. A good conditional might be is the password 32 characters long?)

Third time I made it.

For posting new threads most users have problems finding a forum category page. They will have even more trouble finding a new post button positioned on the right of the page. It threw me.

I hoped something like xenforo would appear. I've been trying to follow Kier on Twitter or eBay or somewhere like that in the hope that a new forum package might be in the works. Looking exciting!

PS - what a dirty avatar for those who haven't selected one.

Thank you for posting and welcome to the site.

Thank you also, for your input. I'm sure the guys will take everything here into consideration. Enjoy xenForo!

Top Bottom